The Explosion...

I know that I am jumping way ahead but feel that I absolutly need to say this now and then say everything else later.

This past weekend I went to my church retreat called Winter Rush and I mean I have been to weekends like this before called D-Now (Discipleship-Now) but this year they did a different retreat for just High Schoolers only. So this past weekend I went in like "Oh, this weekend is just going to be similar to D-Now but a little bit different." So when I went on Friday night, I felt like my relationship with God was not consistent and I just felt like I was going no where. Also, when I came in my amazing youth pastor Eric, saw me and said "How are you, Katy?" At first I didn't want to be truthful but I felt like I needed to so I told him "Honestly Eric, I am not okay... and I told him the reason." So he prayed for me and asked God to just let me enjoy the weekend JUST ONLY for me. So that night, I started to change a little bit in small pieces when one of the most amazing speakers spoke and started brake down the Lords Prayer line by line. And when Ben and Noel lead worship they are an amazing couple and musicans I started to change.

But, Saturday, January 16, 2010 was a day I will never forget. I have recommitted my relationship to Christ many times but didn't intruly mean it. But, Saturday after Tigers amazing testimony which I can sort of relate to in a way and the music by Ben and Noel changed me. Ben and Noel worshiped twice once before Tigers sermon and then after. After his sermon man I was changed forever, Then during the second part of worsh I surrendered everything and the fact that I had anger about having a new sibling after 14 and a half years of being an only child, I also surrendered the burdens I had of me and other people that I was carrying. I really sang my heart out and I used to do that but not 100% meaningfully. This time I 100000% sang my heart out and I mean I really meant everything I did and I started coughing and coughing And couldn't stop. So one of my best friends came and prayed over me and as soon as she was done I felt different and stopped coughing. I mean I may have recommitted manytimes but this time I felt away I have never felt in my life. I was changed forever. I saw our whole entire Student Ministry change in a way that I have never ever seen us before each and everyone of us changed in someway and then we call grew closer as a Ministry.

So Sunday when we came to church and got ready to leave, Eric asked us all if any of us wanted to share with everyone how we changed. I told them that "I gave up the fact of carrying others people burden on myself." Eric said, "Katy, that's amazing, I was praying for you about that specifically." And said some more amazing stuff... I started ballling and I can't cry because my eyes are so dry but this time I really started crying and I mean I changed again and felt so good to just share it out loud.

I hope to continue growing more and more everyday...

-Katy

Comments

  1. I saw her come pray for you and really felt the Spirit move. I'm so proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she really is amazing, and then after that Sunday I felt called to do the same to her and a few other people

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts